Thursday, April 2, 2009

We are now proud pet owners.....

Of the ugliest hamster I have ever seen! I know that I have mentioned this before, but Haven is OBSESSED with animals. She wants a puppy so bad, but we can't have one while we live here. She is constantly telling us how bad she wants a pet and how all of her cousins and friends have pets. We gave in and decided she could have something like a frog or fish. Well we changed our mind after realizing at the pet store how expensive an aquarium/filter/ect... would be. We talked her into going home and researching online what would be the best pet for her. We hadn't decided yet but Joe saw a hamster/cage/ all the trimmings for $25 bucks on KSL. They went to check it out and of course she was smitten. I about died when I saw it. It creeps me out and I'm secretely hoping that it will die soon so we can get a cuter one. Zeke is helping me out with that though, yesterday I heard some banging, went to check it out and he had opened the cage and was trying to hit it with his toy hammer. Luckily his arm wasn't long enough to reach it, but the poor thing was cowering in the corner.



5 comments:

Lisa said...

You sure that's not a rat?? :)

Mackay Family said...

Cool new pet. I don't think I would be able to handle a hamster. You are a good mom to let Haven get that! She looks so happy!

tanalicious said...

are you sure thats a hamster? yikes, it looks like a rat!!

Darren and Jody said...

I have to agree with you it would creep me out too. Did you say it was a hamster or a rat?

J.K

Jill said...

I was just about to write something like "is that a rat or a hamster" but it looks like everyone else here beat me to it.